Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Sing Like Talking -- Perfect Love


Sing Like Talking's "Perfect Love" is the final track from the band's 8th album, "Discovery" for which I already went into some detail a few years back. As I mentioned for that article, it was by pure blissful accident that I ended up buying the album, and as I continued to listen to my "mistaken" purchase, I realized that I had a keeper on my hands. "Discovery" has a potpourri of songs which are jazzy, spacey, funky and just plain cool. I now think that the album title was very well-placed.

"Perfect Love" seems to be the logical antithesis of the opening track for "Discovery", "Subarashii Yume no Naka de" (which is featured on the article for the album). That opening song was pretty experimental and had that daytime vibe. The nighttime final track also has, to a lesser extent, that same sort of vibe with the quiet groovy jazziness mixed in with an orchestra that seems to be channeling John Williams at times. It doesn't quite work completely but it makes for a nice enough finish for "Discovery" and vocalist Chikuzen Sato(佐藤竹善)does his usual fine crooning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.