When I was writing up the Author's Picks article for the works of lyricist Fumiko Okada(岡田富美子)a few years ago, I was able to find some more of her songs for other artists that I decided to save up for future entries. This is one of them.
Outside of the band Godiego(ゴダイゴ), vocalist Yukihide Takekawa(タケカワユキヒデ)had his solo career which I've so far represented on KKP with his 1979 "Happiness"(ハピネス). That song was used for a Suntory commercial. Well, "Doki Doki Summer Girl" (Hubba Hubba Summer Girl) was his 6th single from 1982 and it was also used for an ad for Kose Cosmetics back in the day. Written by Okada and composed by Takekawa with arranging help from his old bandmate Mickey Yoshino(ミッキー吉野), it's the playful and twangy summery tune that has listeners thinking of beaches, beautiful girls in skimpy bikinis and billowing brews of beer.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.