Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, October 12, 2018

Kero Kero Bonito -- Trampoline


Friday is here and things have gotten back to more seasonal temperatures with a thud after a few days of returning summer with a Humidex in the thirties. Perhaps that was our Indian Summer for the year, but residents in Toronto know that one can't be too sure about the weather in October or November.


Anyways, I was trolling through YouTube waters when I hooked onto some Bonito....Kero Kero Bonito, to be exact. I had never heard of the band before then, but then I listened to "Trampoline"  recently which was one of their singles from 2016, and then I was pretty hooked. Kero Kero Bonito is actually a British band based in London.

From their Wikipedia page, their description reports that vocalist Sarah Midori Perry and producers Gus Lobban & Jamie Bulled based their sound back then partially on the stylings of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu(きゃりーぱみゅぱみゅ). However, when I listen to "Trampoline", the arrangements actually had me thinking of some of the eclectic aidoru in Japan for this decade such as the now-disbanded Especia and Tomato n' Pine. I guess I'm a sucker for the groovy urban synths.

"Trampoline" also got onto Kero Kero Bonito's debut album "Bonito Generation" which was released in October 2016. Apparently, the band has gotten into a bit more rock in recent months, with their latest album having come out in January of this year, "Time n' Place".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.