Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, May 7, 2020

AISHA -- SHY demo Ii yo(SHYでもいいよ)


My love for R&B usually centres around the late 1970s and early 1980s with the funk and soul being the fine ingredients for my own soul.


Having said that, I have enjoyed this particular sunny tune by singer-songwriter AISHA, "SHY demo Ii yo" (OK To Be Shy). A track from her 2nd album from 2015, "Pink Diamond", this song actually has me reminiscing about those old days, and I do get these Christina Aguilera vibes when I hear her voice. As well, the video is shot around Omotesando in Tokyo, one of my favourite haunts in the megalopolis although it was a cinch that I couldn't afford to shop in probably 90% of the stores there. It is a nice place to take a stroll there, though, and AISHA was taking full advantage of that.

You can take a look at her English bio right over here. AISHA and MANABOON were responsible for the songwriting on "SHY demo Ii yo".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.