Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Hitomi Kuramoto -- Dakara Watashi wa Hitori de Nakanai(だから私はひとりで泣かない)


Some aural orange juice for those who have just woken up on this lazy first Sunday in May. I think the mention of singer-songwriter Hitomi Kuramoto(倉本ひとみ)came from one of the commenters or one of the fellow writers on the blog, but can't quite remember. Still, I'm grateful since when I did my due diligence, I encountered this dynamic pop tune by her.

According to some of the webpages, Kuramoto only released one single and one album, both in 1994. The album is "Water" and on it, I found "Dakara Watashi wa Hitori de Nakanai" (So I'm Not Going to Cry Alone), a propulsively cheerful tune delivered by a voice that could probably handle both rock and pop genres with aplomb. Kuramoto composed the melody while Ryo Koizumi(小泉亮)took care of the lyrics.

Very little is written about Kuramoto although I found out from the profile of guitarist Keizou Numata(沼田恵三)that the two of them were together in a band called HAN-NA in the late 80s going into the 90s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.