Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, June 5, 2020

Ryohei Yamanashi -- Midnight Motion



If I ever have the need to wear a suit again, I will go to the same tailor that Ryohei Yamanashi(山梨鐐平)frequents. Mind you, I think I've got the same sort of tie that he's sporting in the thumbnail.

Anyways, I have a song from his 1982 album "Tweed". I already have one up from that release titled "Taiyo ga Shitteiru"(太陽が知っている), and whereas that one comes across as a song about the disco high life in Tokyo via Akasaka, "Midnight Motion" is slightly more sedate and silky. It's not the horns from "Taiyo ga Shitteiru" that have sway here this time around, but those strings that stand out. It feels like the action is taking place actually in Paris more than Tokyo, and in a way therefore, I get a bit reminded of Taeko Ohnuki(大貫妙子). Truly, it may be midnight but the motion is still going on.🌛

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.