Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Maika Matsuya -- Neko no Ko(猫の子)

 


The anime "Love Lab" may not have become a huge hit but it's been doing fine by me due to all of the zany humour including that spouted out by the lovely but nutty Maki, especially when she takes on her male persona of Makio.


And guess what? That's who I'm reminded of when I watch this charming video by singer-songwriter Maika Matsuya(マツヤマイカ). "Neko no Ko" (Kitten) takes on both female and male personae in a high school while I get to hear some of that 1980s-style music which is reminiscent of what I've heard from Ginger Root. Like her creamy vocals as well.

Matsuya hails from Saitama Prefecture and has been made clear in the video, she's into dance and music. Plus, I'm guessing that she's been quite the social influencer since she's not only on YouTube but also on TikTok, Instagram and other platforms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.