Well, it's Hump Day so folks can usually get into the doldrums on Wednesday. Luckily, it actually feels refreshingly cool outside with a stiff breeze blowing all about. I would probably advise a lot of Japanese tourists to come over to our neck of the woods to escape all of the heat and humidity plaguing much of the archipelago...especially the residents of Nagoya.
Speaking about refreshing, maybe I can interest you in a glass of singer-songwriter Tomoharu Taki's(滝ともはる)discography. He's been known for some City Pop but I'm wondering if his "Toki" (Time) from his 1979 album "Taki Tomoharu II"(滝ともはるII)really fits the label. Not that there is anything wrong with it; in fact, I did refer to it as being rather refreshing in a sparkling way. It certainly begins in that manner, and we soon get to hear some laidback singing over a gently percolating Latin-esque rhythm that makes me think of a sunny inner city neighbourhood where everyone knows everyone else. And then comes the saxophone solo.😊Enjoy it with any drink you like.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.