![]() |
| From Wikipedia |
The first time I wrote about the late great jazz fusion guitarist and composer Ryo Kawasaki(川崎燎)was back in 2020 when I posted an article on his "Raisins" from his 1976 album "Juice", and from listening to the song, I got the impression that he really liked the rock and funk side of fusion.
Well, a couple of years later, Kawasaki and American jazz pianist Joanne Brackeen collaborated on their own album of duets titled "Trinkets and Things". Brackeen composed all of the seven tracks except for the first track which was also the title track. Kawasaki handled this one and "Trinkets and Things" goes into a more tropical and jazzier direction which flows through the beaches and Tiki bars with much aplomb. Although it's mostly an instrumental, there are a couple of parts where a female singer provides some accomplished vocalese but for the life of me, I couldn't track down who she was.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.