Finishing off this Friday's take on Urban Contemporary songs on KKP, I've decided to go with something mellow and older...maybe the aural equivalent of good scotch. And I found this one not from the City Pop guides above as you might think, but from a YouTube City Pop compilation video.
However, I was happy to find the song all by itself in a separate video, so I will go with that. This is "Mou Ichido Kikasete" (Please Play it Again) by the late singer-songwriter Hatsumi Shibata(しばたはつみ). Written by Shibata and composed by Yuji Ohno(大野雄二), it's got that wonderful flute, the bluesy guitar and the splendid harmonies provided by the singer and others.
It's been around three years since I've had Shibata up on the blog, so I'm glad to have found this lovely example of 70s City Pop which was recorded onto Shibata's November 1975 2nd album "Singer Lady"(シンガー・レディ). There's also a goodly amount of soul in "Mou Ichido Kikasete" which reminds me a bit of Minnie Ripperton's music.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.