Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, September 4, 2026

Saki Kubota -- Ku-gatsu no Iro(九月の色)

 

In this currently uncommentable environment as I mentioned in the last announcement, again I apologize for the inconvenience and hope things improve shortly. However, I also have to mention that some time over the last 48 hours, "Kayo Kyoku Plus" has been able to garner 25 million views in the nearly fifteen years that it's been up and running, so I along with Kayo Grace and Mr. Calico would like to thank you for all of the viewings, comments and discussions since 2012.

And what more appropriate article is there than Saki Kubota's(久保田早紀)"Ku-gatsu no Iro" (The Colour of September) considering where and when we are in the calendar year? A track on the singer-songwriter's third album November 1980 "Saudade" (the one that starts off with Kubota's big hit "Ihojin"(異邦人)from 1979), it's quite the spirited City Pop tune spritzed with a generous amount of Latin disco thanks to the singer's words and music along with Mitsuo Hagita's(萩田光雄)arrangement. I also think the song also has that feeling of early 1970s American drama soundtrack dealing with the footloose-and-fancy-free jet set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.