Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, May 20, 2016

Welcome to Toronto, Miku Hatsune!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/4evermiku/4966670119

Well, I've been seeing the announcements for weeks now but tonight, the Miku Hatsune(初音ミク)will be making her concert appearance at the Sony Centre in downtown Toronto. My interest in the cyber singing superstar is merely casual so I wasn't willing to shuck out the loonies and twonies for a seat although there is a part of me that is slightly regretful that I hadn't taken the opportunity. Still, I've been quite happy to have her represented in a number of kayo kyoku that she has sung over the years via this blog, and there's no doubt that she is one of the avatars of Japanese pop culture.

Therefore as a "Kayo Kyoku Plus" welcome from my hometown to Miku-chan, allow me to embed a few of her kayo kyoku covers.


A classic from the 1960s, here is "Blue Light Yokohama"(ブルーライト・ヨコハマ)which was originally sung by Ayumi Ishida(いしだあゆみ).


One of my favourite tunes ever from the 1980s, "Hatsukoi"(初恋)was Kozo Murashita's(村下孝蔵)biggest hit.


And last but not least, this is the Henry Mancini-esque Mood Kayo/City Pop classic "Douzo Kono Mama"(どうぞこのまま)by Keiko Maruyama(丸山圭子)from 1976.

I certainly hope that Miku and her minders enjoy their time in T.O. and if she were able to eat, I would definitely suggest a visit to St. Lawrence Market or the nearby Hero Burgers. If there is anyone reading this who will be going to the concert tonight, you're more than welcome to let all of us know how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.