Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Mondo Grosso -- Do You See What I See?


Perhaps it's a bit early in the week to hit the dance floor, but dang, I just like this one by Mondo Grosso. "Do You See What I See?" is a track from his second studio album "Born Free" from October 1995, and it's the type of groovalicious number that I've always liked by the fellow. Created by MG, Hajime Yoshizawa(吉澤はじめ)and Monday Michiru, this is the type of song for which I would have liked to have hit the floor near the beginning of the night when things were a bit slower, or perhaps after the first spate of high-energy songs when things needed to cool down a bit but it was not quite yet time to return to the table for a breather.


My kudos to the singer Zhana Saunders as well who keeps soaring while the bass keeps bopping. To be honest, I like this speeded-up Deep Zone Main Mix of "Do You See What I See?" even better. Once again, I think Marcos V. is the better person for this paragraph in terms of explanation, but I think this would be considered to be a House remix? In any case, this remix would be in that spate of high-energy songs, and wouldn't it be quite the thing to have this playing during a montage of the wonders of the host city at the Opening Ceremonies at the Tokyo Olympics late next year? Mind you, considering the date and season, we may need the ambulances on standby to scoop all those folks dropping from fun and heat exhaustion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.