Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Kazuhiro Nishimatsu -- Crescent Night(クレッセント・ナイト)


I was just conversing with Matt about Kazuhiro Nishimatsu(西松一博)and Aragon, and for the last number of weeks, I've been getting accustomed to Nishimatsu's falsetto delivery and his brand of music which hearkened back to a much older era.


Well for today's Nishimatsu article, I'm going back to his early City Pop days via his 1981 debut album "Good Times". I've already covered his happy-go-lucky doo-wop "My Last Lady", but this time around, it's his straight-ahead City Pop "Crescent Night" which has that feeling of Tatsuro Yamashita(山下達郎). As was the case with "My Last Lady", "Crescent Night" has Kumiko Tomoi(友井久美子)and Nishimatsu responsible for words and music with guitarist Tsuyoshi Kon(今剛)handling overall arrangements. I'm also assuming that Kon took care of that scintillating solo once more.

Indeed, that whole album smacks of good times. If I can still get a copy of it, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on this one as well along with Nishimatsu's very different "Bouekifu Monogatari"(貿易風物語)and "Aragon".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.