Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

GANASIA -- Grow up Potential ~ Yume ni Mukatte(夢に向かって)

 

When it comes to car racing, if I'm lucky, I am able to catch the Indianapolis 500 or the odd Formula One bout.

I know that Japan has its fair share of Formula One fans and there is even one weathercaster on Japan's "Weathernews Live" who's such an F1 maniac that viewers wonder if she chose the right career and should be calling F1 races instead. For me, I'm such a casual viewer that I had to look up what the differences were between Formula One and IndyCar.

To no one's surprise, there has been at least one manga and anime adaptation on car racing in the past 30 years. "Bakusō Kyōdai Let's & Go!!"(爆走兄弟レッツ&ゴー!!...The Racing Brothers Let's & Go!!)had its manga run between 1994 and 1999 with three seasons of an anime going from 1996 to 1998 with the focus on a couple of brothers really hard into a form of miniature car racing known as Mini 4WD.

One of the ending themes for the second season of the show was the rousing and driving "Grow up Potential ~ Yume ni Mukatte" (Face Your Dreams) performed by short-lived duo GANASIA (1996-1998). This was their 2nd and final single from February 1997 as written and composed by one of the pair, Takumi Ozawa(尾澤拓実), with the other member being Kana Takahashi(高橋佳奈). There had been one other person, Mimi Murakami(村上ミミ), as a part of the band although whether GANASIA had once been a trio or Murakami had been replaced by either Ozawa or Takahashi isn't known. I have to say that the CD cover for "Grow up Potential" is one of the most 90s J-Pop photos that I have ever seen. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! The newscaster was fun to listen to! And I am not sure what to say about today's music but it sure is lively. For some strange reason I think of Rockman when I hear today*s tune.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Brian. I'm not quite sure what to say about today's music either. My impression is that it may be undergoing a major transition. Yep, Weathernews has definitely gained a lot of popularity over the last few years.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.