Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Rie Takahashi, Rina Hidaka & Sally Amaki -- yurukuru*love

 

Well, I'm halfway through watching "Tomo-chan wa Onna no Ko!"(トモちゃんは女の子!...Tomo-chan is a Girl!)and it's been very enjoyable. I figure that since I've gotten a couple of other articles up associated with the show regarding the opening theme and some hilarious karaoke involving the lead character, I may as well give the show its own Label. There is at least one more song that I can include in addition to the one that I have here.

In comparison with the rock n' roll of Maharajan's(マハラージャン)opener "Kurae! Telepathy"(くらえ!テレパシー), the ending "yurukuru*love" is a cute pop number at an even-steven tempo performed by three of the main characters: Rie Takahashi(高橋李依)as the tomboy TomoRina Hidaka(日高里菜)as the stoic and scheming Misuzu, and Sally Amaki(天城サリー)as the ditzy-and-clever Carol. Masaru Yokoyama(横山克)composed the song with Natsumi Tadano(只野菜摘)providing the lyrics which basically summarizes the premise of the show. I have to say that Tomo's vocals sure have improved since her time at the karaoke box.

For some reason, I couldn't find any full version of "yurukuru*love" online whether it be due to copyright oversight or perhaps the song is only meant to be a minute or so long. But I did find a techno remix by 174UDSI.

3 comments:

  1. I have yet to watch a full episode of Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! but I think I would like to. I have read bits and pieces about here on this fine blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure why I haven't realized it before but Hulu.jp has "Tomo-chan wa Onna no Ko!" I just watched the first episode and tried to pay attention to the opening and ending themes you mentioned before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The anime has been a pleasant watch since I'm basically fine with slice-of-life comedies but I don't think that it's anything groundbreaking. However, I think that this could be the breakthrough show for bilingual Sally.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.