Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, June 30, 2024

J-Canuck's Three Favourite Sachiko Kobayashi(小林幸子)Songs

 

It was good that I discovered that "Shin BS Nihon no Uta"(新・BS日本のうた...Songs of Japanese Spirit) was on yesterday afternoon on Jme. Not only are my parents big fans of the kayo kyoku show but yesterday's episode commemorated veteran enka singer Sachiko Kobayashi's 60th anniversary in the music industry (many congratulations to her). Plus, I was able to find a small treasure trove of new kayo kyoku to write about in the coming days.

At first, I'd planned to go dive into those new songs and not give any more to Kobayashi since the songs which she sang on yesterday's program are ones that I've already covered on the blog. But then, I realized that I had yet to give my own Author's Pick on her tunes. I may have been way too young to appreciate her brand of enka and Mood Kayo to attend that one-and-only concert in Toronto decades ago, but the following decades were able to have me gradually cherish a few of her tunes through television and karaoke. In any case, here are my three favourites by her:

(1979) Omoide Zake (おもいで酒)


(1983) Futatabino (ふたたびの)


(1984) Moshikashite (もしかして)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.