Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, June 28, 2024

Minako Ito -- Kinou kara no Eshaku(昨日からの会釈)

 

Decided to apply some Art Deco to a future metropolis via Bing. I've always liked my Art Deco.

It's been a while since I've posted this underrated singer, Minako Ito(伊藤美奈子), who embraced the City Pop scene in the 1980s. The last time was back in November 2022 when I wrote up on her "Velvet Blue"(ベルベット・ブルー). Today, it's on one of the tracks from her October 1982 debut album "Tenderly", "Kinou kara no Eshaku" (A Tribute from Last Night)

Composed by Ito and written by Masako Arikawa(有川正沙子), I'm fortunate to have found the English translation of the lyrics at Genius.com, and it deals with a woman who suddenly remembers a past love affair that is most definitely in the past tense but she still has fond memories. Being a sucker for City Pop Fender Rhodes, "Kinou kara no Eshaku" definitely had me in its spell right from the intro. The bass and the shimmery strings didn't hurt either. Thanks, arranger Masataka Matsutoya(松任谷正隆), especially for that key change into the coda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.