Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, October 14, 2024

Reimy -- Just Only You

 

Singer-songwriter Reimy Horikawa(堀川麗美)has recorded her fair range of pop music from smooth and contemplative tunes to West Coast dance-pop songs. However, whenever I hear her name, I'll usually go first to her love ballads that seem to bring up images of Valentine's Day or Christmas Day

Case in point: her 6th single from July 1986, "Just Only You". Written by Etsuko Kisugi(来生えつこ)and composed by Reimy, the keyboard rhythm almost had me thinking of a typical 80s love song by the band Chicago. Overall, it's indeed a 70s/80s ballad that would make Bobby Caldwell and Boz Scaggs proud, even more adorably delivered thanks to the singer's high and assured vocals.

Ach...I just noticed that I had already written about "Just Only You" during the pandemic. But that's OK since I've given some slightly different insights there. It's not the first time I've done this and probably won't be the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.