Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, October 7, 2024

Asami Saito -- Sybille no Heya ~ Midnight Message(シビルの部屋)

 

When I first read the title of this song, my memories immediately went back to the 1976 mystery movie "Sybil" with Sally Field as the title character burdened with split personalities. However, "Sybille no Heya" (Sybille's Room) actually refers to the Japanese title for the French erotic thriller "Néa" released in the same year in France but in 1977 in Japan.

Considering what I've read of the synopsis of this rather twisted movie, the plucky theme song for the Japanese release of "Néa" sounds like it had been created for a light and relaxing slice-of-life drama. "Sybille no Heya ~ Midnight Message" is a slightly jazzy and slightly bossa nova tune written and composed by Yukinojo Mori(森雪之丞)and it was breathily recorded by Asami Saito(斎藤麻美)who I really couldn't find anything about. She's basically an online tabula rasa, so if anyone out there can provide any information, I would be very happy.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I like this. BTW, did you know that Johnny's/STARTO actually had female idol groups in the company? I was looking at their J-Wiki page under former artists and I see they had three short-lived groups in the 70's and 80's: VIP, Three Yankees and Orange Sisters. I was shocked. I checked out the Orange Sisters' debut single, "Summer Holiday" and it's really cute.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.