Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

EPO -- Nichiyou wa Bell ga Naru Mae ni (日曜はベルが鳴る前に)


Going back into the EPO listings, I've decided to pull out an oldie but goodie with "Nichiyou wa Bell ga Naru Mae ni" (Sunday Before the Bell Goes Off) which was on the singer-songwriter's debut album, "Downtown" back in 1980.

Written and composed by EPO herself, it had that nice and even mid-tempo beat which anchors an arrangement that's unmistakably EPO and City Pop at the same time, although her voice is just a tad lower than what she has done since. I could imagine it being a popular tune on the radio dial. Her lyrics talk about being able to beat the alarm clock on a typical Sunday morning and just enjoy the day from an earlier point compared to when she was a kid. That's something that I can absolutely relate to since decades earlier I was rising at the late hour of 10 a.m. to have breakfast and then hit the bed again for a nap. I can no longer do that now, and the latest that I wake up on a Sunday morning is no later than 8. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.