Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Ami Ozaki -- Foggy Night


Ahhhh...I do love my old 80s Japanese funk...or City Pop. I should be paying some more attention to the Ami Ozaki(尾崎亜美)albums from around the late 70s and early 80s at the very least. "Foggy Night" is a title that I would have placed for some sort of ballad, but instead as Ozaki had created it, it's a cool little number driven with guitars by Michael Landau and keyboards by Canada's own David Foster. And here I thought it was just Anri(杏里)and Mariya Takeuchi(竹内まりや)who was involved with the cross-Pacific musical pollination back in that decade.


My image of Ozaki is usually of her sitting behind a synth or a piano playing away so I was quite happy to see her getting in a bit of dancing with her backups on stage as she's performing "Foggy Night" in concert. The song was actually the B-side to her 5th single for Pony Canyon "My Song For You" released in May 1982, but it had originally been a track on her 3rd album for the the same studio, "Air Kiss" from December 1981.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.