Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Yasuhiro Abe & EPO -- The Best Of My Love

(25:03)

I've actually seen the performance of this song during an EPO concert I've seen on YouTube. And I finally caught the entire concert over the Holidays; it's not all that often that I see EPO on screen, let alone actually singing so it was a nice treat seeing her bopping about on the stage.

As for "The Best Of My Love", I'm not sure if this had been just a one-off song to be sung at concerts between EPO and frequent collaborator Yasuhiro Abe(安部恭弘), but I went to Abe's website and went through his discography to find nothing of this particular ballad anywhere in his albums or official singles. It's kinda too bad since I would have loved to have seen this song produced in a recording studio. I'm such a sap for 80s ballads. Perhaps one of the few sources then for this one is the "PUMP PUMP LIVE" concert from 1986 where Abe served as a special guest star.

Also, I'm not positive who created the song although I'm fairly sure that Abe had some role to play in it...besides singing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.