Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Jet Lag


First off, I'm back in Toronto after 16 days in Tokyo and other places. Second off, apologies that I couldn't post things up all that much during my trip but frankly my business hotel didn't have the steadiest computer and there were other things that had priority.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I have to say that one of the very few disadvantages about going to Tokyo from Toronto is the jet lag. Having gone through the 12-hour journey to get to my old stomping grounds, one of the things that has often afflicted me is, unfortunately, jisa boke(時差ぼけ). For the first couple of days in town, I ended up waking up at about 3 or 4 am. And at one point, I even turned on the telly to have the soothing tones of the NTV test pattern get me back to sleep (luckily my neighbouring tenants didn't complain).


I realize that the cause and severity for insomnia aren't quite the same for jet lag but YMO's "Insomnia" is the tune that caught in my head during my unwanted early wake-up calls. Fortunately, it was just for the first 2 days and then my internal clock was reset nicely.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Let’s catch up when I’m in Toronto this Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Larry.

      It'll be good to meet up again during the Holidays!

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.