Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Minato Mirai 21


One of the other nice things about living in Musashi-Kosugi is that by train, a resident there is not far from either Tokyo or Yokohama by train. Both cities can be reached easily within 15 minutes by express.


After lunch, Rob and I decided to spend an afternoon down in Yokohama, specifically around the Minato Mirai 21 area. It had been 6 years since I last stepped foot in the great port city, and the district surrounding Yokohama Bay is one of my favourites anywhere in Japan. Landmark Tower, Queen's Square, JR Sakuragicho Station, the Nippon Maru...all lovely places to walk by.





We basically walked a circle around the harbour including taking a dip into the World Porters mall.



We ended our time there by having some coffee in the largest Cafe de Crie that I had ever been in. My one regret is that I didn't get a chance to explore some of the other sights in Yokohama but I figure that will be my next mission for Japan. Perhaps I will set my accommodations more for the big Y.


To be honest, I think "Yokohama Tasogare"(よこはま・たそがれ)by Hiroshi Itsuki(五木ひろし)is more of a night song but along with "Blue Light Yokohama"(ブルーライト・ヨコハマ), I couldn't think of a more representative kayo for Japan's second-largest city in terms of population.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.