Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, November 27, 2017

Ritsuko Kurosawa -- Sayonara ga Nemuranai(さよならが眠らない)



Never heard of Ritsuko Kurosawa(黒沢律子)before. But listening to her "Sayonara ga Nemuranai" (Goodbyes Never Sleep), I figure she might have gotten her first Canadian fan. Admittedly, it's from the nostalgic point of view since the arrangement of the song by Toshihiko Miyoshi(三好敏彦)pretty much screams early 1990s with that certain synthesizer and the power pop stylings that are reminiscent of ZARD.

Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot of information about Kurosawa aside from the fact that she debuted in 1990. "Sayonara ga Nemuranai", written by singer-songwriter Yui Nishiwaki(西脇唯)and composer Keiko Yokoyama(横山敬子), comes from what was probably her 2nd album, "RITZ" from December 1991. According to this one page, "RITZ" is now out of print and possibly her other albums might be in the same boat. Kurosawa's vocals may not be the most standout but this one song has gotten me on the hook at least.

2 comments:

  1. Oh!! Ritsuko Kurosawa! LOVE that sincer. I discovered her when I watched a video of herr song "Jun-ai", a very catchy and danceable song.

    She made for the most part eurobeatish and dance songs, and she released several albums: "Confess", "Dish", "Real" ... These albums are on YouTube. I really like Ritsuko because a lot of her songs are touched by your typical early 90's eurobeat sound :). Also, she has a powerful voice.

    Saludos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies, Pocari, that I never responded to your comments in a timely manner, but sometimes for whatever reason, I don't get any notice of a new comment. In any case, I just wanted to mention that I've referenced you and your comments for my next Kurosawa article. :)

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.