Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Return to Shibuya


Following a somewhat uneventful visit to Shimo Kitazawa on the 6th, I quickly made a beeline over to Shibuya. Unsurprisingly, the Teen Mecca was still as lively as ever even on a Monday. And the area continues to evolve with new buildings going up all the time. I am wondering whether it may turn out looking more like Coruscant by the time of my next visit.


Still, good ol' Hachiko was there keeping watch for his master in front of Shibuya Station. Wouldn't it be something if Richard Gere actually showed up?


Of course, there was the cuteness factor with that local bus.


And Shibuya 109 kept its eye over the pedestrians like an eternal sentinel. Speaking of fashion, one of the things I saw fairly often during my walks throughout the Big Sushi was women wearing these bizarre combinations of bathroom slippers/sandals. I would later find out that they are officially called fur sandals and were a big thing in 2016 although the impression is that they are making the slow fade-out.


Whimsy was also on full display as those real-life Super Mario carts were revving up to cross one of the world's busiest intersections.


My anime buddy had given me the heads up before I left Toronto but the popular anime "Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka?"(ご注文はうさぎですか?)was being given the motion picture treatment on the 11th. Therefore, the marketing campaign was in full swing in a lot of areas, including the show window of a department store in Shibuya.


So, here is "Daydream Cafe", the original opening theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.