Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, October 10, 2021

LiSA -- HADASHi NO STEP

 

It was two short years ago when my anime buddy introduced me to "Kimetsu no Yaiba"(鬼滅の刃...Demon Slayer). Not being a fan of horror-adventure, if it hadn't been for my friend, I wouldn't have gone anywhere near it but catching the first couple of seasons, I realized that it was actually an engrossing tale of demon hunters going after the worst of the worst. And then, its popularity just went through the roof within Japan and outside of the country.

There was certainly synergy happening as well between the franchise and singer-songwriter LiSA who has provided the several theme songs including her huge hit 15th single, the rocking "Gurenge"(紅蓮華). In fact, when I hear of either "Kimetsu no Yaiba" or LiSA, I always imagine the two together...inseparable. 

So you can imagine my initial surprise when I first heard her 19th single, "HADASHi NO STEP" (Barefoot Step) which was released last month. It's certainly got the electric guitars in there but I think that the song is more fun, footloose-and-fancy-free piano pop accompanied by some dynamic horns which sounds like it had some filtration through the 1970s. Plus, LiSA is having similar fun in the video with her fellow dancers.

"HADASHi NO STEP" is also a theme song, this time for the manga-based TBS drama "Promise Cinderella"(プロミス・シンデレラ)which just wrapped up last month. It hit No. 5 on Oricon, and lyrics were by LiSA with Tomoya Tabuchi(田淵智也)from the rock band Unison Square Garden handling the melody.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed, when I think of Demon Slayer, LiSA is tied to the show. She's also doing the opening and ending song for the tv version of the Mugen Train arc.

    I actually watched Princess Cinderella based off LiSA doing the theme song. It's a pretty funny and goofy show once you get past the fact that the main female lead is 30 and falls in love with the main male lead, who's 17.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there. Considering the premise for the show, I'm surprised that it didn't get adapted into an anime first.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Brian. That picture was something that I took from either a book on anime or a magazine. To be honest, Naruto is the only character that I recognize.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.