Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, September 13, 2026

Nash Music Library -- SC-1903

 

We don't have the autumn foliage yet but I think the above photo by Wolfgang Weber is suitable enough to describe a nice Sunday morning. I had to shake off some major post-Sunday breakfast drowsiness to get back into shape to get some grocery shopping done as well as the daily blogging.

Once again, I'm happy to have Nash Music Library pay a visit to our humble blog and this one sticks out for its very technical title of "SC-1903". It's not the first time that I've come across NML tunes that sound like starship registry numbers; there is "SC-4702", a rollicking piano and synthesizer tune. Another point that distinguishes this one is that it's actually quite long for an NML entry at a dozen seconds under five minutes.

Perhaps I can "humanize" this one here with a title such as "Whimsical Sunday at Home" instead of "SC-1903", because it does sound like a typically rumply yet comfy Sunday at home with Dad trying to read the newspaper on the sofa, Mom fleeing with her friends to the nearest cafe while the kids are arguing in their room upstairs. In fact, I'd say that there is something quite sitcom-friendly with the arrangement here. The track belongs to the March 1998 album at NML, "Long Size".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.