Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Jun Fukuyama -- DIES IN NO TIME

 


I forgot to put the above within my Halloween articles last month but better late than never. Quite amazing how good-natured everyone was when Bushman "attacked" them. But wow, that first maid's scream!

In keeping with that theme, among the anime this Fall season, I've been hearing about this show called "Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu"(吸血鬼すぐ死ぬ...The Vampire Dies In No Time) which seems to mix the horror-comedy trope with "The Odd Couple" as a death-prone vampire from the wilds of Saitama Prefecture (hey, why not?) and a vampire hunter end up together in a very tense but comedic relationship. Unlike a couple of other shows that I know that are broadcasting right now, I haven't been able to catch any full episodes of this one, unfortunately.

The opening credits certainly make it inviting for me to try to scout down "Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu" as vampire Dralc and vampire hunter Ronald do the boogie softshoe while the jazzy opening theme plays.

This would be the logically titled "DIES IN NO TIME" sung by Dralc himself, aka veteran seiyuu Jun Fukuyama(福山潤). Written by Fukuyama and Yohei Matsui(松井洋平)from TECHNOBOYS PULCRAFT GREEN-FUND fame and composed by Ryohei(猟平), Menma(めんま)and 41730, the seiyuu really gets down on his jazz boogie and in a much lower voice than I have been accustomed to since I've known his vocal chops primarily for providing the very first ending theme for the wonderful 2012 anime "Shirokuma Café"(しろくまカフェ)as the squeaky-voiced Panda. "DIES IN NO TIME" came out as his 4th single in October 2021 with a No. 18 ranking on Oricon.

As one YouTube commenter has mentioned, that opening credit sequence is enough for me with "DIES IN NO TIME" to want to watch the actual show. But for now, I will have to be satisfied with the various excerpts.

(short version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.