Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, July 15, 2022

Izumi Kobayashi & Flying Mimi Band -- Hello, Hello, Hello(ハロー・ハロー・ハロー)

 

aucview.aucfan.com

Well, as I write this, Gmail is having a bit of an issue right now which means that I can't upload any images in the normal sense on the blog, so I had to pull a bit of a rabbit out of the hat to get this one up here. Not surprisingly, there are folks venting out in frustration on Twitter about the Great Gmail Meltdown of 2022.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NWs3_1z0JE

As such at this time, I can't directly bring the video from YouTube to the blog as I always do, but the link is doable so no problems. At my age and attitude toward life, I'm not going to freak out anymore over something like this, and therefore, I think that I am starting this Friday's bunch of urban contemporary music articles with the ideal cooldown song. The mellow "Hello, Hello, Hello" by Izumi Kobayashi(小林泉美)& Flying Mimi Band is a track from her March 1978 album "ORANGE SKY -- Endless Summer --", something that I already wrote an article about a few years ago. Written and composed by the singer-musician, it just demands laying down in the hammock by the sea with a pina colada in one's hand while the laidback melody and Kobayashi's high-falutin' vocals waft past and over you. "Hello, Hello, Hello" is as much a relaxation mantra as it is a title.

For those affected, let's hope that Gmail is back up and running sometime in the next few hours.

Ah, whaddaya know? We're back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.