Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, July 15, 2022

Lover Callots -- Pierrot(ピエロ)

 



Just to let folks know, the above image is from FAVPNG and I'm just using it for the purposes of this article only. However, if the owner of this image sees it and isn't happy about it, just let me know in the comment section below and I'll delete it immediately. As you can tell, Gmail is still having issues which means that I can't upload my own images right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LonrnSZzYNc

As well, I can't bring in any videos directly so once again I've got the YouTube link for you to refer to. Back in February, I introduced the pop and jazz duo Lover Callots(ラバーキャロッツ)who had their run between 2002 and 2005 with "Lover Callots no Theme"(ラバーキャロッツのテーマ). There was also quite a bit of Shibuya-kei swing in their arrangements which is why I'm back with them to show off their "Pierrot", their June 2004 single. It is also a track on their 2nd album "Itazura Scat"(悪戯スキャット...Teasing Scat) which was released later in November that year.

Oh, so groovy, so good. Listening to "Pierrot", it's like being in a retro beatnik jazz bar in Paris in the early 1990s. From the funky keyboards to the tight percussion to the song stylings of vocalist TAMAc, it's just a pity that Lover Callots couldn't keep the fun going for a bit longer.

7:38 pm July 15th: Ah, we are back if a bit jittery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.