Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, September 18, 2022

I Re'in For Re'in -- Tooi Natsu(遠い夏)

 
Over a couple of years ago, I discovered this Kochi Prefecture band with one of the more imaginative names that I'd ever seen: I Re'in For Re'in(アイリーン・フォーリーン). Initially active in the 1980s, they started out with a rock sound but with a lineup shift, the band went more R&B and it was a song from that latter genre that I introduced onto the blog, "Private Girl" from 1988.

Well, here is another song from a year earlier that was not only the final track of their December 1987 3rd album "I Re'in For Re'in", but it was also the B-side for their single "Yume Tabibito"(夢旅人...Dream Traveler) although for whatever reason, it wasn't included in the Singles list on their J-Wiki profile. "Tooi Natsu" (Distant Summer) isn't what I would say is a rock song or rock ballad. It sounds solidly like a dreamily contemplative pop ballad written and composed by band member Takaaki Yasuoka(安岡孝章). Arrangements were handled by Takeshi Kobayashi(小林武史).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.