Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, September 30, 2022

Kei Ishiguro -- Misty Night(ミスティ・ナイト)

 

Frankly speaking, I have no idea what this establishment called Rockza in Asakusa, Tokyo is all about. I wouldn't be surprised though if it were the exterior for a pachinko parlor. Still, it looks pretty classy.

It's too bad though that I didn't have the foresight to take some photos of the jazz bars in Tokyo that I visited years ago. There is one place in Shinjuku, DUG, that is supposed to be the oldest postwar jazz place in the megalopolis where I caught a drummer doing his stuff. DUG certainly fulfilled the usual appearance of a jazz bar with the basement location, intimate interior and the brick wall.

That place would certainly fit this song, "Misty Night", by singer/actress Kei Ishiguro(石黒ケイ). The label of songwriter should be added as well since she wrote and composed this smooth piece of bossa jazz for her 1980 album "Undertone"(アンダートーン). I'm not sure whether the entire album was an all-jazz effort, but this song is impressive as it is considering the other two Ishiguro entries that I have on the blog have her covering New Music and 1950s love balladry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.