Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

"Uta Con"(うたコン)October 24th 2023

 

It's darn rare for me to put up a quartet of articles on a Tuesday and it's pretty darn unusual for me to post an article on a particular episode of any show, let alone NHK's "Uta Con". However, after having last week's broadcast of the kayo kyoku program cancelled on Japan TV because of all of the copyright concerns regarding Western musical tunes being covered in that one, we (and notably I) were given a memorable episode this week since a lot of the songs featured were ones that got me into this crazy musical world (and blog) in the first place. I just had to mention this episode and well, this is a blog after all. I can use it as a diary.

As I mentioned only some minutes ago in the previous article, there was the somber announcement that Yoshinori Monta(もんたよしのり)of Monta and Brothers had passed away on October 18th. However before and after that, I was able to catch a lot of the Japanese songs of my youth that got me interested in kayo kyoku, enka and all that jazz. A lot of it was powered by a tribute to singer-songwriter Tetsuji Hayashi(林哲司)with the appearance of the man himself along with guests EPO, Momoko Kikuchi(菊池桃子), Sayuri Ishikawa(石川さゆり), Masaki Ueda(上田正樹)and Hitomi Ishikawa(石川ひとみ). In a way, it was like getting a sneak preview of that Hayashi tribute concert that will be happening in Tokyo on November 5th.

Well, anyways, here was most of the lineup:

Sayuri Ishikawa -- Amagi Goe (天城越え)


Hitomi Ishikawa -- Machibuse(まちぶせ)


EPO -- DOWNTOWN


Miki Matsubara -- Mayonaka no Door (真夜中のドアー)


Masaki Ueda -- Osaka Bay Blues


Momoko Kikuchi -- Mou Aenai Kamoshirenai(もう逢えないかもしれない)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.