Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, October 6, 2023

Mami Ayukawa -- Smoky Town wo Samayotte(Smoky Town をさまよって)

 

Just for the record, the above from the good people at Good Free Photos is not a photo of San Francisco but of Högakustenbron, Sweden. The more you know, and all that stuff.

When I was listening to singer-songwriter Mami Ayukawa's(鮎川麻弥)"Smoky Town wo Samayotte" (Wandering Through Smoky Town), I was instantly attracted to her melody of samba/bossa nova via the synthesizers and such so that I was also reminded of the song stylings of Matt Bianco. However, I am hoping that the "smoky" in town is referring more to fog rather than photochemical smog. The last thing I need to hear that Ayukawa is suffering from COPD, although I can understand that both can lend to a very atmospheric nightscape in the city. Sorry, a bit anal retentive on my part.😋

"Smoky Town wo Samayotte" is a track on Ayukawa's October 1988 album "Smile"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.