Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, October 13, 2023

Rie Ida & 42nd Street -- Blue Harbor Street(ブルー・ハーバー・ストリート)

 

It's been well over a decade since I was last in Yokohama. Would still love to take a stroll through the city at night (or day), especially through Chinatown and the Minato Mirai area once more. I still remember the all-garlic restaurant that my friend and I patronized in the Landmark Mall in Landmark Tower. Good stuff and we were "guaranteed" empty subway seats when we were on our way home.🧄

I also remember the last time that I posted a song by Rie Ida(井田リエ)& 42nd Street back in late 2020, lamenting that more than a year had gone by since the previous entry for this City Pop band. Well...I was even worse this time out at nearly three years. 😓 Therefore with plenty of sheepishness in my heart, I bring you "Blue Harbor Street", Ida's single from December 1980.

Some of my guilt is being assuaged by the soothing urban and urbane City Pop vibe of that turn of the decade. I've usually reserved my "caviar-and-champagne" expression for the Bubble Era variety of City Pop at the end of the 80s, but "Blue Harbor Street" which is all about Yokohama simply has that feeling, too and that was all the way back over forty years ago. As I said, I would love to walk through the area again someday. "Blue Harbor Street" was written by Naoko Nishio(西尾尚子)and composed by Yoshihiro Yonekura(米倉良広), the same songwriters behind that previous Ida song that I'd written about, "Silver Airline", also from 1980

Anyways, enjoy the top video, courtesy of Virtual Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.