![]() |
| From Discogs |
Happy Sunday! I've gotten over my post-Sunday breakfast drowsiness and I'm back behind the computer to put up my two regular KKP articles. And I think I have something appropriate for the brunch set to start things off.
The last time I mentioned about the Curtis Creek Band was back in May when I posted the article regarding "City Morning" which was part of their 1983 album "Windy People". The thing is though that if you're thinking about getting this album for specific tracks you like, you gotta be careful here. For one thing, I noted in the May article that there were two different versions of "Windy People", identifiable by different subtitles, one being "Winning History ni Dakarete"(ウイニング・ヒストリーに抱かれて...Embraced by a Winning History) with the cover of a pretty woman looking down at the word "white", and then the other one which has a snazzily-dressed fellow on a motorcycle with its subtitle being "Shinkyo Monogatari"(心響物語...Heartbeat Story).
Now, I've heard that there is a third version of "Windy People" with the subtitle of "Youkou to Kaze no Area"(陽光と風のエリア...Area of Sunlight and Wind). Its cover has a more conventionally-dressed guy leaning against his own motorcycle by the side of a highway. And it is there that I found the brunch-friendly "Take Off My Jet". One would think that a song with such a title would be a more upbeat and rock-oriented tune but it's quite the opposite. It's a laidback and flute-led instrumental that could accompany the pre-takeoff procedure to put any terrified passengers at ease. But again, I think it's also good while people noshing are on their Eggs Benedict. I've categorized the band as coming under City Pop, R&B and jazz, but with "Take Off My Jet", I can place this under AOR.

I always find it funny when Japanese bands give them selves super American sounding names.
ReplyDeletePretty sure I have their Windy People album too. It's got really good album art with some cool shots of motorcycles. plus a bonus: it came with a sentimental photo of the original owner of the record. It's like I always tell people, buying a record is like bringing home a time capsule.
ReplyDelete