Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, May 4, 2019

Orange Range feat. Soy Sauce -- Sushi Tabetai(SUSHI食べたい)


Oh, yeah. I do love my sushi. The above is from my trip to Akasaka Midori, thanks to my generous hosts in Tokyo. I would say that even the sushi chefs were very generous in their servings especially when it came to that tremendously long slice of anago that you can see at the very left of the photo. However, everything on that wooden board was splendid!


Actually, I was looking for another song by Orange Range called "Family" which has been featured as one of the "Minna no Uta"(みんなのうた)songs on NHK, but it doesn't appear that it currently exists on YouTube. On the other hand, I did find this really intriguing video for the band's "Sushi Tabetai" (Wanna Eat Sushi) which looks amazing and somewhat terrifying at the same time. The folks behind the video is animation craft team AC-bu(AC部...Department AC), the same group behind another "Minna no Uta" entry, "Obake de Ii kara Hayaku Kite"(おばけでいいからはやくきて)by rock band CreepHyp.

The video does keep eyeballs glued to the screen while Orange Range's creation from their tenth album "TEN" (August 2015) goes into a robotic rap over a 1980s-style blippity-bloppity technopop melody. Its arrangement has me thinking along the lines of a POLYSICS tune. As for the Soy Sauce(ソイソース)working with Orange Range, according to this site, he's simply the guitarist for the band NAOTO. "Sushi Tabetai" also came out as an EP a month earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.