Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, May 24, 2019

Yoko Maeno -- Ai no Hitojichi(愛の人質)


Another Friday night is upon us so hey, let's go with City Pop here. I found this song by Yoko Maeno(前野曜子)titled in a sultry way "Ai no Hitojichi" (Hostage to Love).


A track from her 7th and final album "Twilight" from 1982, "Ai no Hitojichi" is this urbane but wistful song with a slightly sexy streak thanks to Maeno's vocals. I like some of that twiddling on the keyboards and the horns that accompany her. Just my opinion, but I think from Maeno's singing, this sounds like a 1970s City Pop tune given some of that 1980s arrangement.

I wasn't able to find out who took care of words and music but I do appreciate that nighttime vibe that emanates from the song. It kinda reflects a very smart evening out on the town. Finally, I also like that cover on the album. Simply stated, I have a soft spot for twilight-themed photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.