Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, June 3, 2019

Superfly -- Alright!!


Good golly! How would YOU like to make an entrance to THIS song?

Alright indeed. I had long lost interest in watching Japanese TV dramas but if I had seen these opening credits with that song (unfortunately the video has been taken down), I probably would have been convinced to stick with "BOSS", a 2009 Fuji-TV series about a fallen detective played by Yuki Amami(天海祐希)having to lead a squad of quirk-ridden detectives. With this opening theme, their coolness factor probably jumped 50%!


This would be "Alright!!", a bundle of TNT of a song that was Shiho Ochi's(越智志帆), aka Superfly's, first digital download single from June 2009. Apparently, it was those "BOSS" opening credits right from Episode 1 in April of that year that had folks lollygagging over the tune, so I'm sure that fans were waiting rather impatiently over those 2 months before the song finally became available. May I say that the video provides a visual feast as well...if shown clearly?


"Alright!" could probably make for a good power-up song during Hump Day Wednesdays. Written by Ochi and composed by Ochi and Koichi Tabo(多保孝一), who had been an official member of Superfly up to 2007, the song hit No. 1 at the iTunes Store, going Platinum. It's also available as a track on Superfly's 2nd album "Box Emotions" released in September 2009. That album also hit No. 1 and became the 9th-ranked album of the year.

I'm wondering how that student who first introduced me to Superfly a decade ago is doing now. I mentioned her back in my own first article on Ochi back in 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.