Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

capsule feat. Dahlia -- Sweet Time Replay

 

Ground through another assignment and yep, I'm feeling a little more tired than usual. Usually, I would watch the famous "Portals" scene from "Avengers: Endgame" on YouTube to pep me up, but this time I've taken a different tack.

Instead, I'm going with this song by Shibuya-kei unit capsule, "Sweet Time Replay". But apparently this time around, it isn't Toshiko Koshijima(こしじまとしこ)on vocals but a singer named Dahlia who may be the same person behind the song "I'll Be Your Love" which came out in October 2003 as her debut single.

"Sweet Time Replay" came out quite a bit earlier though in February of the same year as the first track of capsule's first 12-inch single "CUTIE CINEMA pre-PLAY" and then capsule's 2nd album "CUTIE CINEMA REPLAY" which was released a month later. I gather that those brash drum rolls are part and parcel of the Shibuya-kei experience and the overall melody by Yasutaka Nakata(中田ヤスタカ)brings to mind 60s swing and swiveling hips. Nakata's lyrics are all about reprising the joy of a kiss...sounds quite Parisian. The song also shares track space with "Music Controller", the first capsule song that I had ever heard and the first capsule song to make it onto "Kayo Kyoku Plus".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.