Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, October 30, 2020

T-Square -- Night Cruise

 

Deck 15

The shot above was taken on the last night of our cruise on the Harmony of the Seas back in 2017. I figured that I needed to get some of those lovely evening photos on the ship before we finally disembarked in Fort Lauderdale the next day.

My photo at the top is to introduce this delectable concoction by fusion band T-Square. "Night Cruise" simply hits all of the right nerves in me, and to be honest, I had assumed that this was one of their earlier efforts from the 1980s. Imagine my surprise and delight to realize that "Night Cruise" had come out a mere 5 years ago as a track on the band's 41st album "Paradise" in July 2015.

There is a title track on the album but "Night Cruise" is paradise in itself. That bouncy drum machine, all of the band members getting their licks in, and that massaging melody just show that T-Square hasn't lost their touch after so many years together. Drummer Satoshi Bando(坂東慧)was behind the wonderful music and despite the six minutes, I wouldn't have minded a little more of the cocktail here.

True...a lot of new fans were garnered thanks to "Takarajima"(宝島), but I would recommend them to also give this one a sail.

Deck 16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.