Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Mondo Grosso with Tania Maria -- MG4BB

 

Let's see...I just downed an entire baked potato with batajoyu along with some fish and other foodstuffs. I had been feeling rather tired after lunch and a translation assignment, and now look at me. I was about ready to melt into my armchair like spilled hot chocolate but I'm back in my room with the fan on behind me and my computer in front of me. Anything to keep me awake...plus, there's "Uta Kon"(うたコン)in about 40 minutes.


This helps, too. I get to hear some tantalizing uptempo dance-worthy material for a Tuesday night, thanks to the wonders of DJ, producer and musician Mondo Grosso. Other singers have worked with him such as BoA and Bird; this time, it's Brazilian piano player, singer and composer Tania Maria collaborating with him on "MG4BB", a track from his 4th album "MG4" released in July 2000.

Frankly the title reads like a license plate for a sports car but "MG4BB" runs like a well-oiled one roving on the highway by the ocean. Composed by Mondo Grosso, this Latin jazz cocktail has some dance beats in there and wonderful opportunities for Maria to add some of her lovely vocal qualities to really enhance that feeling to get onto the dance floor and knock off some calories...which I really need to do. Not that I'm doing so now but I am shifting back and forth in my chair quite nicely. I've decided that I will melt into my armchair a little later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.