Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

BTB (Pan Pacific Playa) -- I'm Losing You

 

I remember that particular scene from Season 2, Episode 10 of "Space Dandy"(スペース☆ダンディ)in 2014 but not the entire episode.

The episode, "Koibito-tachi wa Trendy jan yo"(恋人たちはトレンディじゃんよ...Lovers are Trendy, Baby), came close to its end with perhaps a ray of hope that Dandy and the recurring character of Scarlet, the specimen inspector at the Alien Registration Bureau who kinda acts like the guy's boss, would discover a romantic relationship with each other. However, the ray was dissipated by the untimely appearance of a train. Hearts were broken all over.💔

But then again, would the relationship have lasted knowing Dandy's randy ways? And if Dandy did settle down, would he have been still worth watching? We'll never know and it's just as well. While we all philosophically stew over this for the length of time it takes to read through this article, perhaps I can introduce the song that accompanied the poignancy surrounding the scene, "I'm Losing You" by BTB (Pan Pacific Playa).

BTB is a trackmaker and someone who loves his vocoder and like his professional colleague, LUVRAW, there's not much out there regarding who he is. However, they did work together on the 2010 "Yokohama City Breeze", and LUVRAW has also contributed his funkiness to the "Space Dandy" soundtrack. As such, BTB has "I'm Losing You" on that same soundtrack as well. Along with the funk, I can also pick up on some Stevie Wonder soul in there, too, as the lad buzzes about inviting someone for some doggy style because he misses her so much...and that's as far as I will go in interpreting the lyrics. 🐩 I would think from what I know of Dandy and Scarlet's personalities, if they were able to hook up, they would probably prefer it Klingon style.

All joking aside, if anyone can tell me a little more about BTB and/or LUVRAW, I'd sure appreciate it. Before I forget, Kou Sugie(杉江晃)was behind words, music and arrangement for "I'm Losing You". Not sure if he would indeed be BTB himself or even if I have the correct reading of his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.