Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, March 7, 2021

P.S. on Tokyo House Party: Enka Singers (Female)

 


First off, allow me to give a little bit of an explanation for both this article and the one that I did on the male enka singers last night for the Tokyo House Party label. I have left out the younger enka stars in the kayo sky such as Kiyoshi Hikawa(氷川きよし)and Kaori Mizumori(水森かおり), and that's not to say that I don't like them. It's just that I was so focusing on the Showa Era veterans that I'd forgotten to include them and since I've already put in those male stars from that period of time, I may as well also focus on the female enka singers from that earlier time. But if you are interested in knowing about the more recent talent in that genre, let me know and I'll see if I can draw you to some of them.


Sayuri Ishikawa(石川さゆり) -- Tsugaru Kaikyo Fuyu Geshiki (津軽海峡・冬景色)and Amagi Goe (天城越え)


Hibari Misora(美空ひばり) -- Yawara (柔)and Kanashii Sake (悲しい酒)


Sachiko Kobayashi (小林幸子)-- Omoide Zake (おもいで酒)and Moshikashite Part 2 (もしかして・パート2)

Amazon.jp

Harumi Miyako(都はるみ)-- Kita no Yado Kara (北の宿から)and Suki ni Natta Hito (好きになった人)

Youtube.com

Keiko Fuji(藤圭子)-- Onna no Blues (女のブルース)and Shinjuku no Onna (新宿の女)

4 comments:

  1. No Noriko Awaya?

    Just joking. But from the ryukoka era, may I point out Ye Lai Xiang (Yoshiko Yamaguchi) and Bengawan Solo (Toshi Matsuda).

    Ye Lai Xiang, Li Xianglan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar1Mp_IsitI

    Bengawan Solo, Toshi Matsuda
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv8lvnLIcnQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for the additions, Jim. And no, no Noriko!

      Delete
  2. Wow im really amazed by the catalog of music on this site and the detail behind all of it. I stumbled across this site a few years ago while working on my japanese music project and ive kept this site bookmarked since. Its just really cool to find a lot of songs from this time period and some that ive never even heard of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for keeping an eye on the blog, MuchMercy! Always feel free to peruse at your leisure.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.