Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, March 25, 2022

paris match -- Koi Iro no Machi(恋色の街)

 

If that "Yokohama Fantasy" set that I purchased last month had been compiled many years later than its actual 2004 release date, I think that this particular song would have been a shoo-in as a track.

I am talking about "Koi Iro no Machi" (City of the Colours of Love) which is a track on paris match's June 2020 "Round 12" album that I've already written about. Once again, I've been treated to the rich chocolate vocals of Mari Mizuno(ミズノマリ)through this song created by lyricist Tai Furusawa(古澤大)and composer Yosuke Sugiyama(杉山洋介).

As is displayed in the music video, the setting is Yokohama which is the titular town as a woman commiserates about her last meeting with her now ex-paramour in the Japanese port city. It may be a lyrically sad tune but the typical paris match warm and mellow groove comes out from "Koi Iro no Machi", and I have to say that those horns have me reminiscing of Bobby Caldwell's classic "What You Won't Do For Love".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.