Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, April 19, 2024

Milk Talk & Vantage -- Million Miles Away

 

Posting Kana Hanazawa's(花澤香菜)"Time Machine wa Totsuzen ni"(タイムマシーンは突然に)last weekend and realizing that the good folks of Milk Talk were responsible for words and music, I figured that it was time to get another song by the duo themselves up onto KKP.

Last summer in August 2023, the neo-nostalgic electro-boogie Milk Talk collaborated with Tokyo-based electronic artist Vantage on their own tune. And I kinda figured that Milk Talk and Vantage would work together at some point; both acts seem to groove on the same level which is why I put up the latter's "Sunday Lonely Night" last November. Anyways, their love child is "Million Miles Away", a love affair redemption set to the analogy of a long-haul flight. I'm no fan of long-haul flights myself although I have to take them to reach Japan from Toronto; usually I go for the quickie divorce as soon as I hit Haneda.

However, it looks like the old-fashioned VHS-ish video with Milk Talk and Vantage has a much more positive ending. Plus, I really like that 80s City Pop vibe in the music with a touch of Tatsuro Yamashita(山下達郎)and Ginger Root in the arrangement, although rather than boogie, there's more boppy funk in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.