Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, December 14, 2020

evening cinema -- Night Magic

 

Around the summer of this year, I discovered and then introduced this band called evening cinema which had this collaboration, "Summertime", back in 2017 with another band, cinnamons. Since I enjoyed that song, I then dug a little deeper into both groups and with evening cinema, I found another gem in their 2016 "jetcoaster".

Well, just last month, evening cinema released a new song called "Night Magic" which is quite the skippy and catchy number. I couldn't find out for sure but just from "jetcoaster", I can at least guess that it was vocalist Natsuki Harada(原田夏樹)behind the words and music for this song that has that certain current-day Kirinji-like urban bounciness along with the happy-go-lucky sound of ORESAMA. I especially like the "altogether now" chorus at the end. Nothing like some running joy through the streets of Shibuya.

At this rate, I can only hope that someday evening cinema will make that truly big breakthrough hit and even make it onto the Kohaku Utagassen. Then again, there is nothing wrong with us fans appreciating our little niche with evening cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.