Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Yuko Ishikawa -- Doyou no Yoru wa Party(土曜の夜はパーティー)

 

Well, as I was telling my good friend just now, I've set up the PVR to record this year's Kohaku Utagassen early tomorrow morning. As much as it's interesting to watch (especially this year under the new restrictions), I don't think it's quite worth it for me to wake up at 5:30 in the morning. Just can't believe that tomorrow will be the final day of 2020.

Partying isn't going to be the thing tomorrow for medically obvious reasons but I'm hoping that folks will try to enjoy New Year's Eve in their own way. At my home, we'll be having the customary toshikoshi soba for dinner and I'll be continuing to put up my fair share of KKP articles as we race toward the blog's 9th anniversary in late January.

Speaking of parties, here is some Yuko Ishikawa(石川優子)with her "Doyou no Yoru wa Party" (Party Saturday Night) which is a track on the Osakan singer-songwriter's October 1979 debut album "Yuko ~ Tokimeku Koro"(優子 ときめくころ...Anticipation Time). I don't have a lot of her material on the blog quite yet but from what I have heard, Ishikawa has enjoyed that rock n' roll with her pop as can be heard on her "Cinderella Summer"(シンデレラ サマー)of 1981. And "Doyou no Yoru wa Party" is no exception.

Written and composed by singer-songwriter Tatsushi Umegaki(梅垣達志), this track from "Tokimeku Koro" launches with that buzzy electric guitar and cool saxophone. It's not particularly a melodically raunchy number, though; "Doyou no Yoru wa Party" is a merrily-as-we-go-along tune as if Mary Beth has invited her fellow poodle skirt-wearing classmates for an at-home sock hop. Well, I'm not sure if they'll twist again to this particular song but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.